Town Clerk and Tax Collector
The Town Clerk and Tax Collector is Lisa Amarosa.  Elected term expires 2022.

        The Deputy Town Clerk/Tax Collector is Amy Avery.  Appointment expires 2022.
The office is open:

    Monday, Wednesday, and Thursdays from 8am to 1pm,
    on Monday evenings from 5 to 7pm

    The Town Clerk's Office follows the Oyster River School District's closing policy for weather related events.
    WMUR usually notices the closings.
Auto Registration and Title Applications information at the NH DMV site FAQ's on Registration, Titles
Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates more information
Dog Licenses more information
Marriage Licenses more information
Motor Vehicle Registrations more information
Real Estate Taxes more information
Transfer Station Permits more information
Voter Information (absentee ballots) information at the Sec. of State site
Change of Party Affiliation Application

Voter Information Searches
FAQ's on Voting
Real Estate Taxes
Birth, Marriage and Death Certificates
Effective January 1, 2005 all individuals requesting a certified copy of a record (pursuant to RSA 5-C:102,VI) must present positive identification, including, but not limited to, a driver's license, passport or other government issued picture identification.  New Hampshire vital records are considered to be private and New Hampshire Statute restricts access to them to only those individuals who can demonstrate a "direct and tangible interest" in the record.  Certain older records are exempt from these access restrictions.  The cost of a search for a vital record is $15.00.  If DVRA staff find a record after the search, a certified copy will be issued free of charge.  Additional certified copies of the same record are available at a cost of $10.00 each.
You can download a vital records application by clicking here.
All persons wishing to be married in the State of New Hampshire must complete a Marriage License Application with any City or Town Clerk regardless of their place of residence. This includes out-of-state residents. Both parties should appear with valid photo identification and any supporting documentation (divorce decrees, death certificates, age waivers, etc). The process takes approximately 30 minutes. The fee is $50.00 and the license is valid in any city or town in NH for 90 days.”
Marriage Licenses
Contact information:
    13 Town Hall Rd.
    Madbury NH 03823
    603 742-5131
    603 742-2505 (fax)
Transfer Station Permits
Dog Licenses
Madbury Transfer Station permits may be obtained from the Town Clerk.  The fee is $1. Click for Transfer Station information.
Dog licenses may be obtained from the Town Clerk.  State law requires dogs to have a rabies vaccination at 3 months of age and to be licensed by 4 months of age.  A current rabies certificate is required to license your dog.  Male and female dogs cost $9.00 and altered animals are $6.50 for the year.  Owners over 65 years of age can register one dog for $2.00.  Licenses expire on April 30 each year.  Online payment for license renewals is available here.

When do I license my dog?
License a new adult dog immediately.  License a puppy before it is 4 months old.  The license period runs May 1st through April 30th of each year.  License renewals are accepted after January 1st of each year.

What do I need to license my dog?
State law requires that before a license is issued, the owner or keeper of a dog must furnish proof to the Clerk that the dog has been vaccinated against rabies.  In addition, the annual license fee is less for a dog that has been spayed or neutered. Evidence of the procedure needs to be supplied to the Clerk.  Feel free to contact your local City or Town Clerk if you wish to determine whether or not this information is already on file for your pet.

What happens if I do not license my dog?
Failure to license a dog is a violation of state law and city/town ordinances.  In addition to the annual license fee you will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per month for each month (or part of a month) after June 1.  In addition, you are subject to a civil forfeiture fee of $25.00 due within 15 days after receiving notice of forfeiture.  If the forfeiture is not paid, the case will be disposed of in District Court. Additional penalties may apply under local ordinances.
The Tax Collector collects real estate taxes twice a year.  Due dates are generally July 1 and December 1. The first bill is an estimate and is one half of the previous year’s total.  The second bill is determined after the tax rate is set by the NH Department of Revenue.  The Tax Collector accepts cash, certified bank checks, cashier’s checks, personal checks, and money orders.  Online payment for property taxes is available here.
Copyright © 2002-2019  Town of Madbury, NH.  All rights reserved.
The Tax Collector accepts cash, personal checks, certified bank checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders.  Certain online payments may be made by credit card or electronic check (ACH/EFT) by using the button links above.
Click here for an FAQ
about the tax information online.
Click to go to the Tax Review page.Click to go to the Tax Review page.

Online payments are available for certain renewals.

Motor Vehicle Registration
Vehicle registration in New Hampshire is done at the Town Clerk’s Office in the town in which you reside.  There are two fees that you will be paying; the local fee is a personal property tax and is based on the original list price of the vehicle.  Vehicles are registered in the birth month of the owner; initially the fees will be pro-rated from the date of registration to the birth month.  The second fee is a state fee and is based on the weight of the vehicle.  Payments may be made by cash, check or online via credit card/ACH (additional fees apply).  Online transactions are limited to vehicle renewals only.  First time registrations must be done in person with the Town Clerk.  If you are a new Madbury resident you must provide proof of residency.  This can be done with a utility bill, lease agreement, or a letter from the homeowner.  Registrations and safety inspections are done annually.  Online payment for vehicle renewals is available here.
Click to go to the Tax Review and Payments page.Click to go to the Tax Review and Payments page.